Knowledge Base Article

HR Leaders Priorities for 2024

Recently I participated in our company’s Change Leadership Community of Practice (CoP) bi-monthly session where we were reviewing and discussing the organizational change management trends for 2024.  We reviewed several external sources as well as our own internal experiences.  It was very informative and helpful to see the commonalities across clients, industries, and external sources like Gartner. 

The image is from Gartner and shows the Top 5 Priorities for HR Leaders in 2024.
One of the reasons we wanted to bring this into our discussion was from an organizational change perspective. Over the years, I've seen the focus on organizational change and organizational change management be a concern for HR.  Companies might centralize some things from an organizational change perspective for the organization as a function of HR and then may swing to distributing it among the business and then swing to centralize under operations or another function.

Lately, I have not seen organizational change management being led by HR, but these top priorities are an indicator that it is on the minds of HR leaders.  This makes sense to me because of all the changes that are going on today and the impact to people in the company in general.  The complexity level and scale of change that's occurring needs to be a focus as it is tied to concerns like talent acquisition, talent retention, and upskilling talent.

Published 24 days ago
Version 1.0

Was this article helpful?

No CommentsBe the first to comment